Thanx Guys

Ford Truck - No

Silicone Third Brake Light , Thought About It , Glad I Didn't

Anyways Thanx Guys , Suggestions About The Rear Window Channels , And Garden Hose Etc.

Truck is always garaged , 99% of the time , taken care of like a piece of art , washed every time it sees salt in the winter , blah blah you get the picture

Worked on it all morning - At first the garden hose did absolutely nothing , Not even a drop at low pressure , different settings etc on the attachment

I said screw it and basically removed everything in the Quad Cab Rear Seat Area . Seats , Jute Padding , everything

Trust me I understand about the car wash high pressure , but living in WI during winter months , I live at the car wash anytime my vehicles get road salt or trailering to the U.P. for snow - So to say I am not going to use the car wash , not going to cut it

Anyways after removing everything and drying out the bottom jute padding , I went to town on the hose

High pressure and started at the moon roof
Moved to the two roof channels
Moved to the Roof Antenna
Next Third Brake Light Got A Soaking

And finally blasted the rear window - Nothing until I hit the middle sliding glass

Its leaking on the sides , then works its way down to the bottom corners , and inside the channel where the cables sit for the electric motor , pools up and down the inside cab

Just started doing this within the last three months - Trust me it was ten times worse with that third brake light gasket , but zero issues there now since I put a newer soft seal gasket on

The seals around the sliding rear window look perfect , but why now ?

And like mentioned about the car wash hurricane - I get it , but it wasn't leaking before this summer

Whats the dealer going to doo if I bring it in - Just install the same seals ?

I have no idea how they even come out or install , like I said they look brand new - Is it something I can do myself ?

Or just live with it every time I wash my truck or heavy heavy rain - Is this a common issue with sliding rear window trucks ?

Last edited by bee1971; 10/05/15 09:14 PM.

1971 Dodge Charger Superbee
2011 Ram Sport 1500 Quad Cab Deep Water Blue Loaded
Siberian Huskies