Thanks guys!
The entire center section was added after the main rails and ft/rr ends were done. Many are just tacked in.
The strength is good, and the strange lower bars do have a forward member that spreads the load out to the main rails.
I agree that moving the lowers out would make it more common and a panhard bar can be added.
As for the instant center, I didn't get a good shot from the side, but currently they are a mess.
The lower bars are fairly close to parallel to the ground (okay), but the uppers go upward from housing to frame! They can be lowered at the frame to get them closer, but the axle mount has a single hole and it's close to the housing and axle centerline.
These guys have drag cars with 4 links and have a basic program to map IC.
I'm sure this would raise RED flags.

This will be a street car so superb traction is going to be secondary to decent ride and being able to go around corners at normal speeds. They sure don't want axle hop, though.

While progress has been made in 2 weeks, this is a project for the back burner at this time. Better to plan ahead, get some parts, think about overall style, stance and wanted components.
Another pic of the rolling chassis...

00c0c_4DKrQHevM9X_600x450.jpg