Well, Saturday was a long day...
Went to a local car show first thing in the morning, then hit the road by 8:30.
Had overheating issues with the truck going up the grade east of San Diego, leading to being late to the meeting with the seller and taking it very easy on the way back. Didn't get home until a little after 3AM.

So, my friend found the needle in the hay stack - a custom rolling chassis built for a 28 Dodge coupe (3 window) to put under his 28 Dodge 5 window!
Mustang II front suspension with the strut rod delete, power rack, 1932 Ford style front frame horns, an 8.75 rear axle with centered pinion, and a weird triangulated 4-link with coil springs in the rear. It even has BB Mopar motor mounts!

So I go get the chassis and haul it back. I had a 400 and auto trans (running when pulled) sitting in the garage. I get that into the back of the truck and take it and the chassis over to his dad's place. Stuff the engine in and then drag it over to his house to slap the body on. His dad has a set of long rams so they went on to see how the thing looks along with some headers. Nice!
It will probably go highboy rather than the channeled framework tacked in right now.
It needs a little finessing to get all the proportions right (get the rear wheels centered perfectly in the rear wheel wells, probably move the engine mounts back a couple inches and that firewall gap!), some rust removal and finish welding on the center framework, but it's a great start and much better than the frame he got with the body!