Originally Posted By stumpy
Was told it was gone but he swore it was a update problem not a trans issue. Car was cheap because the seller knew the real problem. But buyer wouldn't believe the trans guys here.

calm down stumpy, that aint the way it is..i said i wanted to TRY the update first before going deeper and if it didnt work, then i would take it to a trans shop, and thats exactly what i did. The trans shop did the quicklearn and said come get it and that they see this a lot and the quicklearn in most cases fixes the problem. I didnt say that, they did! And the seller did not know the real problem. He is a friend of mine that just aquired the car from his elderly father. It started downshifing hard and he said he didnt know why it was doing it but he didnt want to spend the money on it to fix it, so i offered to buy it because its in nice shape and i was willing to have it fixed. end of story.. Thats all there is to it. NOW, I thought if the pump was bad you would ALSO get a delayed engagement in the morning when the trans is cold.? Its NEVER EVER done that..If the clutches are bad already, at 109,000 miles with a car thats been this well taken care of, i see why chrysler aint doing to well, even most GM [censored] cars trannys go well beyond 109,000 miles..