Originally Posted By RS23U1G
A lot of faith being placed on the testing of ONE carb...

Leaves room for a WHOLE LOT of questions...

My testing/opinion hasn't been with one carb, it started when they first came out 25-30 years ago. I decided I would try one on a build after 4 or 5 different new carbs, I put a holley on it and to my knowledge it ran fine that way for 15 or so years. I pretty much stayed away from them since then until I bought the CJ, it had one mounted on it, I decided to leave it until it gave me a reason to replace it. It's on a mild AMC 360 build with an aluminum intake and has frankly given me no reason to do anything with it, of course not used nearly the same as it would be in a performance car. I think it's a 600 CFM. When I bought this car it was on it and I was hopeful but after spending a month trying to work this out I gotta say I am over them. Trust me I don't like to waste money and there are a million (literally, I counted them) other thinkgs I had rather do on my cars than screw with this carb situation, for instance I could have built the motor and half the car the 6 pack was/is designated for. I'm gonna run the rest of the fuel out and try a few different fuel combos to see if it works. First will be the 87 octane marine gas 2 miles down the road with 104 octane booster and then a mix of the 114 leaded with the 87 1:1 and see what works and is most cost effective. The 114 and 112 is 25 miles from the house and the 112 is $8.75 and the 114 is $5.75 for some reason, either way between expense and distance running either straight is really not practical. You gotta remember, I drive my cars, not drive them on good day or drive them to church on Sunday, I work out everyday and decide which one I'm gonna drive. I might run down to my brother's shop for soemthing or to work a little, I might meet my wife for lunch, I might go to the parts house, Walmart or my kids ball games, these are my daily drivers. $8 a gallon gas so that I can say an Edelbrock is fine don't work for me! AND I'm not gonna have a car I cant drive.

I;ve had people tell me it was the Edelbrocks the new ones are fine, I have had others tell me the old ones were great and the new one stink, fact is I've never had to defend a Holley or even a T-quad or J-jet for that matter, they just seem to work. Although I have learned that if the later 2 have an issue pretty much get rid of it and get another one, a Holley I can generally work out.

My question was "Are Edelbrock carbs known to boil fuel in the bowl?" and the answer is yes, never mind the reason they are more prone to it. Whether they are pure junk or not wasn't really the question and I will leave that to everyone's person opinion.

Have a great day!

Careful, your character's showing!