Link Might Help

http://www.moparts.org/Tech/Archive/bb/25.html

the only carb that didnt actually run well was the Ebrock carb. it just didnt do anything well. poor idle, too lean everywhere, didnt take a load well, etc.
when i had a chance, i pulled it apart to see if there was any dirt or debris inside, and it was nice and clean. i also verified the calibration.
it was calibrated to the specs in the catalog.

thunderhead...regardless of the power output, the Ebrock carb had pretty poor overall manners. as for comparing stock vs stock, 7 of the carbs tested were "stock" with the as delivered calibration, and they all worked fine, except the Ebrock. since the Ebrock and the Carter are both made by Weber, and are basically the same carb, the fact that the Carter ran good and the Ebrock didnt just shows that Ebrock has the calibration set up for much milder combos.

one final note....
i dont have anything against Ebrock carbs. it seems some here have a hard time grasping that it didnt run well. trust me...it didnt run well. its that simple. its not hard to tell if its good or bad when youve already made nearly 70 pulls on the motor before installing this carb.
yes, the problems it had could be tuned out of it. thats obvious since the Carter 750, which is the same thing ran just fine.
it ran how it ran...which wasnt good.
this is one of those "dont shoot the messenger" situations.

Last edited by bee1971; 09/02/15 12:07 AM.

1971 Dodge Charger Superbee
2011 Ram Sport 1500 Quad Cab Deep Water Blue Loaded
Siberian Huskies