Originally Posted By jcc
Originally Posted By Mopargnome
I am currently building a Challenger for a customer in a pro touring style. I have widened the wheel tubs 2 inches in the rear to fit a big back tire in it. Ordered a Hotchkiss TVS for it. The rear springs will be moved inside the frame rails to get maximum tire in the back. One thing I have wanted to do is box the LCA's. Any pictures of that? I don't want to block access to any important areas on them. I will also be bracing and fully welding the stock K member. This is a great thread chock full of info!

Well add this to this to your info base, 99% of time LCA boxing here, is pointless, and is mainly monkey see monkey do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_see,_monkey_do

"Monkey see, monkey do
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Monkey see, monkey do is a pidgin-style saying that appeared in American culture in the early 1920s. The saying refers to the learning of a process without an understanding of why it works. Another definition implies the act of mimicry, usually with limited knowledge and/or concern of the consequences.[1]"

The one strap I put on the end near the ball joint I would not put there again.

The one under the sway bar connection I probably would to support the extra forces of a really thick swaybar bar on the LCA sway bar tab.

The strap at the very back of the LCA I would definitely put on again. The two halves of the LCA like to slightly move apart and it puts slack on the pivot/bushing point. Now I've noticed there is no side to side slack, but over 35 years there is slack between the OD of the LCA pivot and the LCA stamped ID. I don't know if this is from wear or original tolerances. I think both contribute, but I was not like that way in 1997.