Originally Posted By perfmachst
hi, I remove the spring from under cross bar. let metering rods ride with the throttle. they can jump up at low vac and cause rich condition also...

Hmm...good point...I'm going to try this approach. I have in the past tried different springs, eventually I found one that was weaker then stock.

..I set the metering rod bar to make prim jetting....

Yes, I understand that...but I'm looking for the actual settings that work for you. So, given all the literature I have, and the countless posts it looks like that "1-turn from bottomed out" setting is the factory starting point. I had mine set up to 1.5 turns, seemed to work OK.

...my combo is .095 /.098 pri, 154 sec, 2004 rods. .775 door opening. going down the track , mine shows 12.3 to 12.4 at wide open throttle. no spikes. this is on a 340 with stock intake these are from mopar race manual.

Why are you running the different primary jet sizes? I have the MP books here as well, and noticed that, my guess was due to fuel distribution and runner design. Since I'm running Perfomer RPM intake I decided to just stick with matched sizes.