For those of you running the almighty Carter TQ (Thermoquad), street/strip configuration (so not a dedicated strip/bracket car - but I'd still love to hear about your setup), can you share what jet/rod/idle screw/air door settings you're running?

I have a 9800 electric choke carb here, also have the luxury of a wide assortment of jets and rods (prior kit searches and years of accumulating spare TQs for parts...LOL), however, try as I might I'm having a hard time getting to a suitable combination.

So in short, this is a small block (360 build), TQ on a Perfomer RPM intake with adapter plate, currently running the following setup:

RODS = 2005
IDLE MID WOT
0.065 0.055 0.040

PRIMARY JET = 100
SECONDARY JET = 143
METERING TREE = 1.5 turns from bottomed out
IDLE MIX SCREWS = 4 turns out
AIR DOOR TENSION = 2.5 turns from door just touching the airhorn
AIR DOOR OPENING = .750" measured between dimple and back throttle bore

I have my Innovate LM1 wide-band O2 sensor to monitor the AFR. Street manners wise this combo seems great, idle @800RPM is about 14-14.4 AFR, seems sort of lean, but gives great throttle response, not loading up in gear and at idle. This combination pulls the highest vacum, adding more idle mix turns richens it up and vac drops and it loads up when left in gear for extended amount of time. About 13-13.3 during cruise, and about 12.5 in power step. However, as my secondaries kick-in the ratio will stabilize around high 12s, so 12.7-12.8, but consistently I see some crazy drops to as low as 10s...which implies incredibly rich!!!

Don't get me wrong, the car seems to love it...best throttle response and seems to make good power...but to what extent should I be worried about the rich/low AFR?

I've calibrated (and re-calibrated just to be sure) the O2 sensor, seems to check out fine.

So what are you guys out there running?