Originally Posted By Skeptic
I just installed a RobbMc starter on my Barracuda 400 B engine. So far it starts fine and fits well with my 1-3/4" TTI full length headers. The only downsides are 1) the grinding of the block that is required with the new design (B/RB engines) and 2) having to install a relay for the start circuit. If you are using the OE starter, you have to install a diode- that is included with the starter. HTH, Steve

1. When using a 143 tooth ring gear, no grinding is required. When using a 130 tooth ring gear, we have found that grinding on the block is required about 50% of the time. More often on B blocks than RB blocks. It is very close and it depends on the casting shift when the block was machined.

2. The diode that comes with the starter is not required as long as the starter is wired just like stock. If a Ford style relay ("remote solenoid") has been added, the diode may be needed, but probably not.

Designing a better mouse trap always seems to lead to the evolution of smarter mice. www.robbmcperformance.com