Thanks Allen. That's a lot of good information. If you would bear with me though...you said the car you have (or had) was a base model so I assume it had a flat hood. Did your car have all of the equipment listed in the "light group" even though only two were listed on the tag?

Dad's car is a Rallye so it has the raised hood and it DOES HAVE the fender mounted turn signals so they were available in 73 on a Rallye. The car has the trunk light, map light and the glove box light but I'm sure it DOES NOT have the ignition switch light.........

Whoa Hold on a minute...is the ignition light a small cylinder shaped piece the same color as the colom, right by the key? If that is it, then yes the car does have the ignition light. The light itself must have burned out years ago because I never remember seeing it on. Please explain the dash flood light a little further please.

As I'm writing this I'm remembering things about the car that I had forgotten. I'm kind of working things out in my head as I write this. The car has been appart for over 10 years and is at the bodyshop right now. I don't have the broadcast sheet for the car...I found a sheet for a Cuda under the seat of the Challenger.

So what you are saying is that you couldn't pick and choose certain pieces of the "light group"...if you got one you got them all.

This is the fender tag and as you can see..the only thing listed is the L31.