Thanks everyone for all the input. 70cuda I do believe as you do that there is an elusive short in the harness. I can't believe that the three Shelby computers I have been able to collect could all be bad, and trying to find ANYONE that services an OBD 1 computer is a joke as well. It would be nice just to know if there is someone out there that could just verify if the computer is good or not, but after calling half a dozen ECM suppliers on the net today, I kept getting the same answer...NOT anything before 92.
I have a feeling I'm just going to go pick the truck up and then start the arduous task of unwrapping the harness loom and just go through everyone of them to check to see if they are good or not. I'll start with that five way connector poorboy above talked about. That sounds reasonable and it's not the first time I have heard that as well. I just didn't know where it was tied together so thanks a lot for the info poorboy about it's general location.
I will keep this updated as long as I have hair left to pull out before I figure out what is going on. And if anyone else has experience that might be beneficial to this post than please give your input. I'm sure there are other dak owners who have lived this nightmare. Just as a side note today I went to the junk yard here and looking through the dodge truck section and specifically at the 88-92 dodge full size and Dakota's there is one thing that stuck out that I hadn't really even noticed before when looking for parts. That was just about everyone of those trucks look like the wiring harness in the engine bays had been gone into to resolve something that was going on. One 89 D150 had the complete harness unwrapped and wires everywhere. It appeared as if they too were searching for this elusive gremlin that seems to be haunting me. But I would be willing to be that is why a few of those trucks ended up out there.
Thanks again for the input.