OK, first I've been a long time reader, not a big poster. But you guys rock on knowledge.
I’ve had my 70 Challenger R/T SE since 1992. I don't remember having a problem on my front end alignment in the past. My recent alignment couple years ago required the technician to cut the passenger side tie rod sleeve a little over ½” to get enough adjustment. Not sure why. He was recommended. I did redo the whole front end and replaced poly stuff with rubber. I did the previous replace with the poly stuff and didn’t have issues. I might have had a brain fart somewhere along the way. I centered the steering wheel. I have 1-3/4 turns in both directions, give or take a few degrees. The two new tie rod sleeves I just bought and put in is ¼ longer than the originals (which were 8-1/4”), at 8-1/2”. I have adjusted turned them all the way onto the threads. On the driver’s side the wheel “looks” straight and the passenger side is toed in noticeably. Probably why technician had to cut my original sleeve. There is no ability to adjust at all.
I have read about centering the steering box, not sure if that is something I need to look at.
Anyone have initial comments. I don’t want to make this too long. Thanks for any and all help, Mark