Originally Posted By John_Kunkel
Originally Posted By f2502011

Part throttle. The 1-2 shift for me is acceptable. Good and firm. It's really how I think the 2-3 shift should be to me and probably just seems a little late because the 2-3 is so soon after and kinda bouncy.

Not sure what you mean by "bouncy" but a lazy 2-3 shift might simply be pressure leakage in the front clutch circuit due to age/wear or linkage adjustment.

For purposes of linkage adjustment, what carb do you have, stock or aftermarket? If aftermarket do you have the correct Mopar throttle lever extension?

The shift into 3 from 2 seems kinda springy. It's fine when driving although the shift itself is not firm and crisp like the 1-2, but happens quick after the shift into 2. When I had it up on jack stands and it would go into 3 it was like it was springy and at a certain speed the rpms would fluctuate, bouncy, as if on a spring and I could feel surging. Not sure how else to describe it. On ground with weight on it and in 3rd you don't get the same sensation, but the shift is the same, not crisp and firm kinda drawn out but quick after the shift into 2nd.

1970 EK2 T/A 727