Originally Posted By RapidRobert
Quote:
don't think it is shifting at the right time. 1-2 seems ok, good and firm, but seems to be a little late unless I manually shift from 1-2 then it's instant. Shortly after going into 2nd while either in D or shifting from 2 into D it seems to shift quickly to 3rd
Is this at part throttle or WOT? this might be too simple but would a weaker spring on the 1-2 shift valve let it move (shift) earlier and a stouter spring on the 2-3 shift valve so it would shift later. No expertise here just thinking out loud

Part throttle. The 1-2 shift for me is acceptable. Good and firm. It's really how I think the 2-3 shift should be to me and probably just seems a little late because the 2-3 is so soon after and kinda bouncy. So my thinking was the spring in the governor for the 2-3 may be too weak. I was wondering if there was a good kit to try that may help the issue? I thought about messing with the throttle rod too, but that would affect both shifts and not really allow me to do anything specific with the 2-3 shift right?

Last edited by f2502011; 07/15/15 06:37 AM.

1970 EK2 T/A 727