Originally Posted By jim sciortino
Originally Posted By BobR
Originally Posted By jim sciortino
NHRA on ESPN is more effective than sleeping pills.

That's what NASCAR does to me. I actually like watching the NHRA.
NASCAR works even faster when I really need to get to sleep.

If the NHRA telecast filled more of it's 3 hours with tech stuff as opposed to fluff, it would be far more watchable. After all.....the vast majority of viewers are "car" people.
And therein lies the problem, there are not enough "car people" to make the show worth airing. It HAS to appeal to an average guy who might be flipping channels. You want to rely strictly on "car guys" to get you ratings.....don't bother. You think the millions who watch NASCAR are "car guys"........hell no. It has to be entertaining to get casual viewers. You think the "fluff is a waste of time, but if it was nothing but cars going down the track, nobody will watch it.

Street Outlaws is a prime example. Like it or hate it, doesn't matter, the FACT is that it was the number one rated show on cable TV on Monday night a couple weeks ago. The show is watchable even for the average person, because of some of the "fluff" and has enough racing to keep "car guys" watching. Expect Fox to do something similar. If you think the show should just be pair after pair lining up and going down the track, you are going to be sorely disappointed

Monte