I know alot of us grew up in the 60's and 70's like me and I just grew up with muscle cars that were pretty much all naturally aspirated back then and I guess its why I love the the N/A muscle cars the most and why I love the Nostalgic Superstock racing so much. I guess super and turbochargers were just not to great back then as the technology was nothing like today and they work so good today and add so much power to and eng that any serious contender for a very fast car has to run some power adder to even be in the ballgame. I am amazed at the amount of power superchargers and turbo's add to an eng as its crazy power. And the power adders that are huffers seem to work as good or better on engines that are not the biggest in size ??
So I guess it hurts our pride some to see a 300 to 350 cube eng car outrun our 426 Hemi SS cars. But I understand why and some do get offensive when I talk with them and I act less amazed to them when I say.........but it does have a supercharger on it and you do have to understand its not apples to apples to compare a blown car to a N/A car. And some get right in my face when I say that. But I am not taking anything away from the power they make and how fast they are as its awesome power and modern technology will let us take advantage of it if we choose.
I think its great and I have the same respect for any fast car no matter whats under the hood. You cant knock that kind of performance and I know I could never play in that class of car as first I cant afford to even if I wanted to as thats for the big boys. And for me with my street car I dont want to go that fast on the street as I am more then happy with 10's.
You have to love it and respect how fast technology has these cars going. I do still love the N/A bigblock muscle cars of the 60's and 70's and NSS best since I grew up with them. I do think it would be best though for NHRA to maybe put power adder cars in a class of their own and not with N/A cars. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 06/12/15 10:05 PM.