Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
Originally Posted By cudadoug
Originally Posted By dizuster
Originally Posted By cudaman1969
Blowers, turbos and nitros can make a Briggs&Stratten run fast. Take the blower off see how fast it runs. Or just let them all run one and watch the circus. Be like watching top fuel or funny car, gets old after awhile.

I love that Barton runs in the 8s with a hemi challenger and he's a hero, but someone runs 8.38 with a factory stock blower and they are a circus. The first hellcat stocker that goes 8.37, we'll be worshiping them too. rolleyes

Technology is awesome. This is the new stock. Don't be mad because 50 year old stuff can't keep up anymore.

That's hitting the nail right squart on the head. Times, they are a changin'.
Exactly........People are bagging on the Fords........but when Mopar decides to offer the Hellcat motor in the Drag-Pack cars and they go fast, that guy will be a god.

No secret that Mopar seriously took advantage of the rules in the late 60s with the Hemi Darts and Cudas.........but heaven forbid another maker do the same thing now.

But here is the MAIN thing, other than class runoffs or if you meet the same class car in eliminations.........it don't matter how fast it runs. Stock eliminator is a bracket race

NO not "Exacttly", imo a true test of an engine is what it can do on its on. It has nothing to do with manufactors. You put two fighters in a ring with nothing but bare hands, then give one a knife,still equal? Now you have a weapons race. You're only as good as the supercharger that's installed on engine. I don't dislike these add ons in fact I'm thinking of using a turbo on my race car. These cars are great for us car people, I had a GT 500 Shelby and now have a SRT 392, so I'm not stuck in old technology.