Today I went to my engine builders shop.He showed me how to weigh my pistons and rods on both a digital scale and a more precise 3 bar anologe scale.He showed me how to weigh the big end and small end.He also showed me how to use inside and outside micrometers to measure all my crank journals and block and rod bores for oil clearence.He worked with me to check and recheck my results.Next weekend we are going to install the crank,check for run out,end play and counterweight clearence.We will check all wrist pin to piston and rod clearences and may file fit the rings.He spend time explaning reciprocating and rotating weight and calculating bobweight.We may get to check piston to wall clearence and hopefully do some mock up assembly.This is something I always wanted to learn,and I really appreciate my builder taking the time to help me learn.Many of you know my builder he is much more than just our builder but a great friend to my dad and I.After we get the engine done I'am going to spend some time in his chassis shop an hope to learn some there. gotta give a lot of Respect for someone thats willing to go through all the trouble