Good on ya! For example, yesterday, I was prepping my Manley H beams by putting new ARP 7/16 cap screws in that were the spec Manley wanted from ARP for their rod. Manley calls for 70 ft.lbs or .0059 to .0063 stretch, using the ARP moly assembly lube. The spec said if no ARP moly lube, use straight 30 weight and 90 FT. lbs. I chased the threads, used plenty of ARP moly, measured the bolt length and the torqued to 25,50, and 70, measuring the stretch at each increment. At 70 ft. lbs. the stretch was only 4.5 to 4.7 on every one of them! I ended up with an average of 85 ft. lbs. to get proper stretch. I would back each one down to about 60 lbs and then take it back in one smooth pull to the next 5 lb. increment. Just shows that there are no absolutes and a stretch gauge is a good investment. My Proto torque wrench was just certified by an aerospace instrument company near the airport, so I know it is accurate. I wonder how all those engines stayed together through the years that I just torqed to spec!