If you are blowing the front end apart again, go with good springs. I don't know if the dropped uprights will get you back to where you want to be with fresh springs. Over on the HAMB, they talk about cutting off the lower control arm plate that holds the spring, and welding it back on under the arm instead of on top, where it is stock.

As for the brakes, tell us what you currently have and what the issues are.

I have a vette master and booster under the floor of my 40, along with 2.5# residual valves to keep the fluid from draining back to the (lower) master. Volare rotors and GM calipers on the front, unknown rotors and GM calipers on the back. Haven't put fluid in them yet...

The 47 has http://www.aajbrakes.com/ in front, early 70s Chrysler wagon drums in back. It also has residual valves, unknown MC, no booster. I've got to get it running, but I'm not happy with the pedal right now. I'll probably jack it up on each end and rebleed. That job was done by a shop, and they %^#$ed me off, so it won't be going back for final adjustments.

Lots of choices on these great cars now, you just have to find the level your skill sets and pocketbook can handle.

The area I'd like to see some experience in is the sway bar. My 40 Plymouth came with one, but I've read that it's not much help. I don't want to redo all the work, so a bigger bar with stronger end links would be the goal. I'd imagine that there is some racing company that makes a bar that would work, but haven't researched it yet or heard of anyone who has done it.