Cool DeSoto bigdad. And nice shop, big and CLEAN. I wasn't aware of Jim Meyer Racing. I might have to look into them as well.

I've got a '52 Chev that I've had for about 15 years. It has a Nova clip that was in it when I got it. Too wide and sits too high. Did a lot of custom body work to it, but never finished and lost interest. I want to be sure that doesn't happen again. I need to keep things simple enough that I can stay focused on one task at a time and keep the car on the road. Whacking the frame off without a kit to put it back together would probably mess me up. Keeping the frame in one piece and adding new components seems more do-able.

Money is always another factor. The FatMan stub will run around $2540.00, I'm not sure how much the JW Rod Garage setup is. Rebuilding the stock front end, installing dropped uprights and adding disc brakes isn't cheap either and it sets the wheels out further also.

I'm looking to collect parts until next fall, and have a winter project. I've got some time to get some feedback from different views, make a decision and move forward slowly.

Thanks for the input.

5051232-Plymouth.jpg (938 downloads)
Last edited by Joe-Bob; 02/25/09 12:46 AM.