Quote:

Depends, how much disassembely are you talking about? IE a complete resto versus a paint job? If the car's in decent shape, I would just fix the rust where it needs it, scuff the existing paint and spray over top. You can put in the extra work and strip the whole body down to bare metal, but where do you stop? Do you pull the engine and front fenders and do all in there? Trunk? Inside doors? Remove the K-frame and paint and rebuild the whole front suspension? It's a slippery slope and you have got to know when to call it quits. This can make the difference between a one summer job and a one decade job.

That is my question exactly.

How far should I go?

A couple things to consider:

1) Im not really thinking "investment" even though it might have seemed that way. I dont plan on selling the car so that is not really an issue.
Its more like I dont want to end up spending 40-60K for my Coronet A12 lookalike when I could get a real one for a little more.

2) I really dont exactly know what is under the existing paint.

3) The spots that need body work probly could be repaired and shot over, but then again, what about the parts I dont know about.

4) Id like to go a different color. Havent decided, but maybe F8 or B5.

5) To be honest, Im totally happy with the interior and would rather not gut it.

Ill try to post some pics but they will be with my camera phone and maybe not very good.

Thanks

Heres a pic before I took vinyl top off. Cant really tell much about body from pic. I dont know how to post multiple pics.

4918922-Me010.jpg (34 downloads)
Last edited by newbee69; 01/02/09 09:47 PM.