Originally Posted By sash7
I was away for a few days, but I decided to back off the torsion bar bolts to the max, and the car dropped a good 2 inches! I didn't try it before... thinking not much would happen, but now the control arms and tie rods are level with the ground. The K-member is 6 inches from the ground, and the rubber LCA bumpers are a half inch from the frame. The engine is a 360 6-bbl. (sorry, no car pics yet)

Now I plan to bring the rear of the car down with a home-brewed 4-link set up, and I suppose it would be a good idea to also install tubular upper A-arms to correct the camber and caster issues.

It sure is strange looking down at the car now. I feel like a giant!

Thanks everyone!

The camber caster "issue" can be adjusted by getting a new proper alignment. When you change the ride height down or even up like that the alignment changes. When a drag guy raises the front end for weight transfer, header clearance, oil pan clearance, etc, etc he has to get a new alignment too.

Tubular upper A-arm have the same geometry as stock one (except for Hotchkis E/B-body). And even then the Hotchkis geometry change is for bumpsteer not ride height. Tubular A-arms are not necessary for lowering you car like that.

You can change you lower control arm bumper to shorter ones that Energy Suspension sells: http://www.jegs.com/i/Energy-Suspension/355/9-9102G/10002/-1 Still I would not go too low with stock T-bars. .99" or 1" If you K- member is 6" from ground, you don't sound that low. Need more info though.

What is the diameter of your front tires?

That number with K-member height gives an idea where the suspension geometry is.

Last edited by autoxcuda; 04/22/15 01:28 PM.