Quote:

John,

I thought something was up, its been awful quiet around here!

You may be right on the pistons being the different #. I can't verify the pistons because there is no # stamped on them. Right now the motor is sitting on a crate so I cant get a piston out. I need to do this and match it to my friends stock pistons.

My block is .040 over. I see the PAW catalog only shows a .030 for the 2316, but I'm sure I can get a .040 for it.

What about the KB-162? I know its not in the NHRA rule book, but am curious as to why they aren't considered OEM if weight and compression is OK.

the 162's would be better , but you will have to take .020 off the deck to get them where you need them then there is the 5cc CAVERN they call valve reliefs you have to combat .

Just don't deck the block .100

did you check Summit for the .040 2315 ?

i just looked , they don't have them in stock but they list them , the negative is they aren't cheap , price has gone up about 50 bucks since i bought a set , but that was 2 years ago .

Contact DRAM and see what he can do for you .

My next set will be Diamonds at the CH I want so I don't have to cut a alot off the block , between the .018 off my block and the heads I'm using that are cut about .040 I had to take about .075 off the valley end rails to get the valley pan to fit a way I was happy with .

the goods