Originally Posted By RapidRobert
Quote:
So swap in new needles and seats then?
Correct, both of em. Lube the O rings on the needle/seat assys before installation. Gasket on both sides of the float hex locknut & I like to lube em as it will be turned on occaision. As said check the floats for saturation. Want a good high flow 10 micron filter right at the carb inlet. EDIT glassbead or new plugs/confirm your psi ain't excessive & you'll be back in business

I swapped in a new set of needle/seats and lubed the O-rings with some silicone grease. The bowls were pretty clean and the floats (brass) didn't appear to have any corrosion or pinholes that would let them fill up and sink. I took them out and shook them to see if they had any gas inside and nothing I could tell.

Both needle/seat looked ok from what I could tell. I did notice some sludge at the top of the primary needle/seat right at the top of the outside of the needle/seat housing (right under the adjustment nut). I am not sure if they had anything to do with it or not.

I got those in and set the float levels last night. I couldn't take the car out though as it was pouring rain here last night.

The one thing I am paranoid about now is vapor lock. I am praying that this was NOT vapor lock as I have nothing left I can do to combat it aside from going to a electric fuel pump which I have no desire to do. I don't see how this is vapor lock though as from my (quite extensive) experience, once the car vapor locks, there isn't much chance of restarting it until it is totally cool (3-4 hours). With this, the car can be restarted but dies when you start to move on it...the puking fuel out the bowl vents leads me to believe this was something with the needle/seat/floats and NOT vapor lock.

I will get a new set of plugs once I am confident that this is fixed. Thanks for all the help so far!