Alright guys....this never ends. I thought I had my car's fuel issues solved but here is another one.

This car had a history of vapor lock which I finally thought I had nipped last summer with a new fuel pump/vapor separator/and return line. Up until yesterday the car has been running great and never a cut off.

Yesterday I went for a drive an I noticed the car started, ran for about 3-4 seconds, and then cut off. I did get it started (a little difficult) and drove it 15-20 miles no issues.

I drove it to the alignment shop this morning (3 miles) with no issues. I come back this afternoon to get the car and go to start it and it runs for 3-4 seconds and dies. Again with some difficulty I start it (pedal to the floor). I drive it with the alignment guy for 4-5 miles and park it to pay him.

I go to leave and the same thing. Car starts then dies. I get it started again and go to drive home. When I pull out on the road and go to take off, the car dies. I manage to get it started again and get back into the parking lot.

Here is what I found when I did some initial troubleshooting there:

- car won't start unless pedal is to the floor
- when car starts it runs and about 3-4 seconds later, fuel starts puking from the primary fuel bowl vent which kills the motor
- I tapped the fuel bowl and got the car re-started and checked the float level-just fine
- I then put the rear car tires against the curb so I could check the fuel pressure with the car in gear
- I put the car in reverse, turn on A/C, and open the throttle of the carb while I look at the fuel pressure gauge
- fuel pressure is great and car wants to pull itself over the curb so it's not cutting off under some load even after 10 minutes of trying this
- go to tray and leave again and once I go to start moving, the car dies again
- call tow truck and car starts up just fine and is good enough to drive itself on a flatbed (steep incline)
- my exhaust tips are carbon coated looking pig rich

Any ideas?? I don't think this is vapor lock as when I had the issue, the car wouldn't start once it died until it totally cooled off for 3-4 hours. I know this is the first truly HOT day here so it could be vapor lock but even after all this, the fuel line by the carb is only slightly warm and fuel bowls don't feel hot at all. Unlike so many of these cars, mine has no issues with overheating and was holding fine at 190* or so.

Do I just need to tear down the carb and make sure I don't have a stuck float or something? Carb is a Holley 4150.

Any ideas?