Originally Posted By sgcuda
For the chassis guys out there:
I have put myself in a pretty good position. Wife and kiddies all have new or late model cars. Now it's my turn, but I am opting for an upgrade for the 'Cuda. I really want a new tube chassis for her. My questions are:
1) I know C/M is stronger than M/S, but since you are using thinner walls, which is stronger/safer when in use?
2) I know that either way, the final project will be lighter than my backhalved project, but how much weight will I really save using C/M over M/S for a full tube chassis?
3) Rough idea over cost difference?
At this point, I am putting together a high 8 sec project, but you never know what tomorrow brings, so getting it certified to 8.50 or 7.50 is also on the table as far as cost difference. I know that there are a ton of variables, but I want to consider apples to apples. IE; Control arms or struts, ladder bars or four link. I am just considering the chassis with body mounted. Whatever suspension I decide to use, I will install myself, just having all of the mounting tabs welded in place to start with. Thanks for everyone's consideration in advance.
Kenny

Just my opinion, but If capable I would go CM, 4-Link & Strut Front End and 7.50 cert .... You will not only end up with a much better handling performing ride.....But down the road if you happen to decide to unload it the return on your investment should be much higher.

Rickster

Last edited by rickstershemi; 04/19/15 06:27 PM.