worst case was confirmed yesterday. after getting a couple of braces and the converter inspection plate out of the way [plus mashing my thumb - which ,luckily, i can't feel anything, but had to stop & find bandaids], giant holes magically appeared allowing me to see what i believe is the edge of the front pump. also, you can shine a light through the flex plate holes and see it in the diff section. so, it gotta come out. today, i need to fab an engine support bridge and unhook every thing. hopefully, getting it on the ground. rats. well, it was a game plan while it lasted. will be able to get some really good pics then to post. if i could just get some definitive facts on the differences between the 95 transaxle and the 99 one. one thing is readily apparent tho..... the under side of this thing is amazing in that everything is RUST FREE ! thumbs a very rare thing in western pa. unless you spend time going west or south to import something. i am very happy about this ! so the learning continues.....
beer