Quote:

I would look at it this way...
start shopping for a crank.. look for the best deal.. and depending if its a large main or small main that would dictate which block you use..
yr back I had a 340 block I sold off to use the money to build a 385 cui class rule engine.
and planned on using a early 360 block.
as soon as I sold off the 340 block all I could find deals on for cranks was for 340 mains..
some killer deal on a k1 3.79 stroke crank came available but It was a 340 main..
I didn't have the 340 anymore so couldn't take advantage of the killer crank deal.
shop for a crank first ....that will dictate which block to use.
that's my

Stroker kit prices for both engines is almost identical ( 360 is actually a little less - Hughes engines prices ). Shopping for used stroker cranks will show no advantage ( one engine over the other) either. Selling the 340 and building the 360 will definitely net you a $ advantage for your shopping fun. Did I mention the smaller bore of the 360 will have less friction than the larger bore 340. The larger main journal on the 360 will have more journal overlap making it stiffer. Since none of this is much of a concern with the OP's application and very difficult to measure, it gets down to $ - which is definitely measureable - IMO. Did I mention that I have a stock journal size ( E58 motor ) 360 crank for sale?

Fastest 300