If I'm reading this right the oil you saw in the one head was oil that you added thru the valve cover filler neck? So both heads are dry right? I'm thinking drainback on the filter/suction side. You might pull the filter/cover the filter round flange with a baggie & drill prime it CCW. If still no go I'd pull the pump & see if you can dribble some oil into the in/out block holes to try & help it prime & maybe even pull the pump flat cover & add a bit there too. the heads oil with #6 and #8 at TDC. turning till the rotor is at #8 then pulling the dist/intergear & preoiling right there will take care of that one and then moving 3/4 turn CW to get to the TDC slit (#6 compression) will take care of the other head. I forget which is to which bank but you need both oiled. holler how it goes. EDIT when squared away turn the crank slightly CCW to 15 BTDC (#6 compression) and set the magnet dead even with the reluctor tooth and the rotor under the #6 plug wire cap & clocking the inter gear anywhere so the wires are in their OE location is a good plan (iirc #6 is sideways toward pass fender but check on that). some dists have different top rotor to bottom tang clocking to each other (than an OE dist)

Last edited by RapidRobert; 03/30/15 01:15 PM.

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth