Quote:

Maddy Innovations. they used to have a web page. now you can so what they did with the grid ignition box.

You are right Dustin, and I don't think folks realize how this can foul up racing. Check out Gary Hairfield on the west coast. In either 2010 or 2011 he was track champ at 3 (three!) different tracks. Dialing an 8.04 at 1/8 mile at 100 mph, he would stay at that dial no matter how the night temps changed at Barona (San Diego). At the same time, I was running 7.30 at 95 mph (this is pro class).

DJ Detloff was another racer out there with the same set up, both these guys running 08 or 09 Corvettes. I don't know if they programmed the stock computer, or if aftermarket, the results were the same. That is, never change the dial all night long, always run the same number. Yes, they cut good lights, but when you see the same guys wining time after time its discouraging.

Out there you have some Mustang racers banging gears and trying to compete, its not worth the trip.

NHRA, you better get a handle on this or start a class for slew rates, but keep this stuff the heck out of non-electronics!!!!!!!!!