Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Anybody know where I could find a photo/drawing of this part? I'll either have to fab it or find it.

'66 FSM should answer the questions...

Indeed, and wealth of info on setting it up proper.

True enough. However once you have FSMs for a few Mopars spanning a few years, most of the info transfers. For example, much of this car is the same as my '62. Except for oddball details like this...

I think with my eyes filled with burnt transfluid (my happy-place), I only noticed the bellcrank connected to nothing. I should have noticed there is a later-style kickdown that is intact and functional. A '64 uses push-buttons, '65 uses a shiftlever and cable, '66 uses rods/linkage. Somebody in Highland Park must have said "Meh, we're only running this body for another year, let's just leave the accel pedal a carryover part."

So the good news is, I don't have to hunt anything down. The "unknown" is if adjusting the band and fresh fluid will do the trick.

PS: I wasn't kidding about the happy-place thing. Yesterday/today was the first time in God-knows how long I was able to work with the door open, out in the sun. I miss the simple pleasure of just being able turn wrenches and work on old cars. If I was a millionaire, that's all I would do... On my own island.