Quote:

Quote:

It’s always amazed me how we attack each other on Moparts when we don’t agree. I understand Peter to say that if you’re going to road race, you need a brake system to support that specific type of driving. I get that and I’m building as much braking capacity into my Duster that I can afford. I do want to be able to “haul down” from 120Mph+ as quickly as possible.

An autocross cannot be compared to a road course; they are two different animals. Does everyone large need 4-wheel disc brakes and a hydro-boost? No they don’t, pick what works for your style of driving.

Go back and reread the OP's question.

The tell me how either your post or Pete's is relevant.

Well?

Pete's answers always involves cubic dollars and if you offer an alternative it's always followed by a belittling post about your choice not being "real" or "modern". You'd think he sells the crap.

Supercuda, we got it. Just remember this area is for people interested in thinking outside the box a little, and maybe trying something other then manual brakes or manual steering. It's all about the application. Not saying it does not work for what you have experienced.

I run hydraboost as we put the car through many different situations. USCA Thunderhill last weekend was awesome and we love the system for that. Granted we run bigger brakes and I am used to it. But I have also blown seals out of stock type calipers with hydraboost.

For the OP. No real need for it in your case. Unless you are running a big motor and want to ensure no vacuum loss under braking. It does feel different, but to me all it feels like is what you get with a newer car. Just a bit less effort for braking and a consistent feel.

1968 Pro-Touring Dodge Charger
*2011 Optima Ultimate Street Car Challenge Invitee
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1203phr_1968_dodge_charger/index.html