I guess I doing something wrong. Been driving Dodges forever and rarely have a problem with them. First new truck was an '89 Shelby Dakota which I kept for nearly 20 years, basically oil changes, tires and batteries was all that was ever done to it.

I bought a new 2005 1500 because I wanted something a little bigger to pull a trailer with. Drove it for 5 years, 1 tune-up, oil changes, and tires. I planned to keep it a lot longer but was asked what price would it take to get me to sell it. Priced it high enough I thought I'd scare him off...but he bought it instead.

Which brings me to my current truck, a 2010 1500 regular cab short bed 4x4 with a Hemi and 3.92 gears. I love this truck and plan to keep it many more years. I have about 60k on it, had plugs put in it at 50k, other than that nothing but oil changes and tires.

I don't know about the 2500s but the later 1500s ('09-up) seem much improved over the previous style, and the additional hp is nice.

BTW, before I bought my 2010 I actually test drove a comparable Ford, partly thanks to the Ford lovers on this site constantly saying how much better the Fords are. It was a nice truck but had less power and cost more. I passed and found my current truck.
However, a friend bought the Ford I test drove. He drove it for a couple of years and the trans started giving him problems. He is an older guy who doesn't pull a trailer like I do. Anyway, the dealer finally got the trans fixed but the gas mileage went way down, and they never were able to get it back up where it was previously. So, he trades it off..for another Ford, an eco-boost..lol..
Dallas

2012 Rallye Redline Challenger, 1st new car!
2010 Ram 1500 4wd HEMI-hauler
2014 Dodge Dart-gas saver
4 projects and a bunch of parts cars, losing interest since buying the Challenger lol
1969 Dodge Coronet 500-'gonna fix 'er up someday!'