My 2000 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel fuel system went again (also in 2012). I had just put several thousand into it since I had a wheel bearing explode and the shrapnel ripped apart the wheel and front end.
I'm not spending another dime on the truck!
I've put literally thousands into it in the last four months!
Anyway, I'm in the market for a newer used Ram and have found three candidates, in my price range, so far:
2005 2500 4x4 4dr with 5.7L, 56K miles, and a fisher minute mount plow.
2005 2500 4x4 4 dr with 5.7L, 60K miles, and a cap.
2010 2500 4x4 4 dr with 5.7l, 71k miles and all stock no extras but set up for tow - brake controller, plow prep pkg, tow pkg

All are automatics. I tow frequently - I have a 5 ton flatbed to tow the occasional car (long distance Carlisle, etc), tractors, snowmobiles. I have a 5 ton dump trailer to haul green hardwood, demolition, etc.
I also live in NH so I used to plow all winter with my truck.
I'm looking for opinions - all three trucks are within $3K of each other. I have no experience with the newest generation Rams. I've had my 2000 since 2004 and I have worked the heck out of it. Besides towing I have also skidded wood lots with it and pulled boulders and stumps with it.
I have decided I can live with a gas over diesel at this point.
Given those three options and my needs, Is the 2010 Ram such a better truck than the 2005 Ram to warrant picking it over the 2005's both of which BTW have 3.73 gears.
I'm open to any and all opinions except two - I am not going diesel and it has to be dodge.