Quote:

Quote:

My friend in HS/College had a 70 340 Swinger that ran 12.4 and did not break loose the tires. He did have wide MT street tires and it hooked like crazy, almost snapping your neck.

I don't think there is anything majorly wrong with it, just feel it should do better. Once it warms up and I can get a compression test, fuel pressure gauge, and A/F on it, I guess I will know more.

Dude it's way too cold out to be monkeying around on that thing... You shouldn't need a fuel pressure gauge or A/F meter to tune that car. And a stock 67 440 should smoke the tires even w/ one plug wire pulled. My old 67 GTX w/ mostly stock engine (488 summit cam, CH4B intake) went 13.80's thru the logs and soda straw exhaust. Even w/ the tiny 625 Carter comp carb it would boil the 275/60/15 BFGs. When it warms up I'll try and get by and help ya.

I will definitely take you up on that offer. Thanks!

So is a rebuilt stock Carter from Scott worth the trouble? I have a 4327s core I could do, but want bang for buck.. I know it will look pretty and fit under the hood on my stock iron manifold, but will it perform significantly better than the Eddy 750. I also like the electric choke on the Eddy. The FBO distributor tune and dialing in of the idle has eliminated the stumble.