Hello everyone! Have some questions for. I have a 1984 Dodge D100 with a 318 and a 833 overdrive tranny. Its a short bed. I am wanting to make more power with the 318. Its bone stock. Except for the ignition has been converted over to a stock electronic ignition. My plan is to put magnum exhaust manifolds on it off of a 5.2 and then have a dual exhaust installed. Sunday I am going to look at a Edelbrock LD4b intake. The only thing is the guy said that the intake has been gasket matched and now has bigger ports than a 318. Said it was on a 340. Will that matter? I know that this intake was originally for a 318 correct? I may add a cam down the road. I may add a 360 way down the road, a 89 Dakota is my main project right now. Just wanting to wake the 318 up! Does this sound like a good plan? Right now the truck has a 8.25 rear with 2.94 gears non suregrip. The guy with the intake says he has a 9.25 out of a 89 Dodge truck that has a suregrip and 3.55 gears. Said it would be a easy install. I have never done that before. Only familiar with 8 3/4 rears. I also found a suregrip unit- I think it is, for the 8.25 rear. It is a 27 spline. I will try to post a couple of pictures and let me know if it is. If it is, I could just buy the gears that I want and have it all installed correct?

8428648-0213151735.jpg (150 downloads)