Not sure this will help.... but I'll throw it out there. I had a Griner t-brake valve body and Cheetah SCS shifter. Testing the Duster a couple weeks back I "thought" I was hitting 2nd at the hit.... when in actuality the shifter was making the shift by itself. The Cheetah SCS is a "gate shifter" that relies on the detents on the "rooster comb" of the valve body. A shifter like my old Hurst Pro Matic II or a nice PPP is a ratchet shifter and the detents will be on the shifter itself. Great design....as long as the shifter detents and the valve body detents line up (we had this issue once). What I did to attempt to alleviate this issue was to remove the valve body, removed the rooster comb and hit my first and second detents with a die grinder so the ball would fit deeper in the groove and shimmed the spring for the detent ball. I assembled it a couple of times and finally had it to where I could hardly shift it by hand on the bench. I put it in the car and hooked it up and now the shifter has much better "feel" and won't be shifting on it's own anymore. Might be worth a shot and doesn't cost anything but time

this was before I ground on the slots.... it doesn't take much.

....and this is the gate I have for the RMVB. I ordered a new gate for the clean N t=brake I have on the way.