Quote:

until somebody comes up with a block and heads to break the 622/655 barrier, its a spot of glimmer for the fast mopar crowd.even if it is a horse with zebra stripes.i am pretty sure they would let you in an all mopar event with it.now,all thats required is to sell your house and move into a van down by the river to buy one....

It all can be done already. Mother Mopar doesn't have any 5" heads out there any longer but plenty of 4.9 Hemi Prostocks ones. Get a Billet Block under that and build a big cubed engine. Or get lucky and find a set of 5" 99 heads and get a 5" billet block and build a 700-800ci engine.

The 5" engine I ran two seasons ago wasn't even a Billet block. It was a Donovan block that came with blank Lifter Galley. We kept it at 650ci (because thats our limit) but it could had been a 700-800ci engine.

I know Goodwin "based" the idea of his "Hemi" heads off the 99 stuff. Both him and Kaase kept working with the Hemi 99 5" stuff after mother mopar gave up on them. My Goodwin Engine is based on a 5" BS and 650ci (because our rules don;t allow larger then 650 or 5"). But the same engine can go 5.3BS and up to 1000ci to match what Sonny is doing. Just need the $$$ have it built.

8423461-IMG_1741.jpg (276 downloads)