Quote:

Its a Meyers E-60 Plow, I 'll probably end up at the dealer but if I can buy the scanner that would be a good thing for this issue and future code readings.

The scanner may tell a code but it wont re-flash the module. You can ask your dealer first about any TSB's that apply as well as any flash upgrades.
The reason I was wondering about what make plow you had was that we install and service Boss plows and there was a Boss TSB that applied to a headlamp adapter harness problem. The harness had a loose fit and it caused problems within the module. Boss had a revised/upgraded harness to alleviate the problem. Here is what Boss said.
Quote:

Headlight adapter connector change Due to the sensitivity of certain OEM headlight control modules, Boss Products has changed the
connector plugs on two of its headlight adapter kits. The MSC09993 & MSC08839headlight adapter kits will now have hard plastic connector ends that simulate the OEM connectors. These new
connector ends will also have a locking mechanism which maintains a positive connection.
The reason for this change is the TIPM module on the 2006 & Newer Dodge, and the SPDJB on
the 2008 & Newer Ford Super Duty’s, are extremely sensitive to poor connections. If a poor connection is detected, the control module may shut down one or more headlight functions. It is strongly commended that these NEW headlight adapter kits be used on the vehicles stated above.