Quote:

Speaking from just a little experience, piecing a blown hemi motor together has proven very costly many a $$ wasted. I had Dan (performance only) doing the build and even discussed with him before buying parts and when he received them I know he didn't even bother looking at them because they turned out be sh!!t or the wrong part. I have bought parts from members that turned out to be sh!t and am not in a position to argue because Dan is gone. I bought a used blower and was told it was great and everything was redone, had it shipped to Littlefield and turned out it needed a new snout, restripping and a few other things. If you are a newbie like me save yourself the grief and a lot of money and just deal with a reputable builder as close to you as possible, even if it's just for buying the parts but be careful because even with a builder you can still be taken for a fool.

Very good advise, trying to save a buck up front always cost you more in the long run.

Plus it takes all the fun out of it early on. Spend the money up front and you will be fun and money ahead.