Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Now, Bob, if we can get people to grasp that pinion angle has absolutely squat to do with traction and E/T, our job here would be finished!

Yea I can't beleve how many times I hear this..(well give it more pinion angle it will hook better) How in the heck did this ever get started is be on me ! Then I ask them how ? or why do you think that ? its alway well so and so told me..
and I tell them it is not true//They act like they are heatbroken..

Now we have got the youngens to understand working range and pinion angles we can move on to the effects.Any mis-alignment or out of range of working angles and acute angles at the pinion can cause binding and rob horsepower and cause a car to have bad launch characteristics,loss of ET and loss of mph.It's like dragging the brakes except more damage can occur.Excessive driveshaft movement can cause the tailshaft to break,excessive u-joint binding can cause u-joint failure.This mis-alignment is not just regulated to up and down but side to side ranges also. Jamie,you are correct,there is no tuning to be gained by adjusting pinion angle,it needs to correctly established as your final adjustment to your suspension set up.The guidelines are set.If you gain anything from adjusting the pinion angle it is because you didn't have it right in the first place.

thats what I said but with out all of the drama

Yeah,now that us old timers explained to you the difference between working angles and pinion angle.Maybe you youngsters will get it right.

we were getting it right all along it just took a pic for you to understand next time we will just get the crayons out so you can learn faster

I know it must be hard for you to admit your wrong buy the facts that you present but I'am sure you'll get over it.Call it,experience,maturity,or old age.You'll get there some day. Read the top of the page(calculating working angles)

Last edited by B G Racing; 12/25/08 07:16 PM.