Quote:

Eberg suggested in his Mopar Action articles to iirc toss the factory one & add an adjustable one in the rear line & I went with that but a guy here said this would cause the fronts to wear excessively(which makes sense) because the fronts(discs) are going to hit before the drum linings are even in contact) & (for an A body) to use a M body proportioning valve(2 different M ones available). If it's right should a person jamb on the brakes & have 4 equal patches of rubber???

That person would have been me.

The factory combination valve is a critical part of a disc/drum combo. If you have issues with rear brake lockup then you can plumb an adjustable proportioning valve into the rear brake line to fine tune the proportioning, or you can change wheel cylinder sizing, go smaller. Not running a combination valve merely shows the lack of understanding what the combination valve gives you in addition to proportioning.

My particular combo, which has worked great on two A bodies and an M body is the 11.75" rotor and 11" drum combo running an M body proportioning valve from an M with 11" rear drums, not 10". They are different, and different for a reason. For a master cylinder I have used both the aluminum two bolt M/C from an M body or the A body four bolt M/C, both for disc cars.

They say there are no such thing as a stupid question.
They say there is always the exception that proves the rule.
Don't be the exception.