Quote:

A well driven stock suspension car on 15's will put the smack down on well over 1/2 the field at one of these events.

I'm guessing I would not be in the bottom quarter of the field for sure and could maybe hold on against a fair percentage of cars that may be willing to travel this far from either coast, should I run. However, my 15" MT/SRs don't actually have a tread wear rating on them. Not sure how that would factor agains the 200tw requirement.

Quote:

Wait...
I can just sign up for the 2015 OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational at Las Vegas Motor Speedway with no experience? That sounds hazardous.

No. Groups are classed according to experience and sub divided into four different vehicle classes.

GO hear to see details on the rules; http://driveusca.com/

Quote:

Kevin, while this may have been true 2 or 3 years ago, things changed last year at the Fontana USCA event I attended. Huge HP Huge $$ cars driven by people who are racing a lot, and getting a lot better than they used to be.

So, I'm unsure of the exact rule requirement previously, but one of the bullets in this years rules are that only the owner, family member, or employee of the shop responsible for 75% of the build is allowed to drive the car. Yes I'm sure there are some pretty good drivers, especially if they have been driving and modifying the same car for a couple of years now. But I'd think that eliminates having a ringer as a driver in a large % of cases.