I have heard of way more aftermarket gear sets breaking than stock 1.76 believe it or not.

OK
Will this have a break?
If so depending on what type of break, diff mods needs to be done (dump holes drilled etc.)
This lets the pressure dump off the reverse piston, which makes for a much quicker leave.

Use the good clutches, I used the thin ones about .070 thick compared to .100, which enabled me to get more into the forward clutch drum without milling etc. Which was about 7 in my case, but really depends on the piston style/thickness. Shoot for .075-.100 total clutch pack clearance total in the front drum.

The factory clutch hub, needs to be replaced, the factory is thin pop metal, and isn't wide enough to allow additional clutches.

Also ditch the servo piston for a duel ring setup, I never had any luck with the nylon/Teflon type, I prefer the cast iron ring style.

Get as many clutches as possible in the reverse side when using a Brake (extra Holding) if not running a break, just replace the clutches with same number high quality clutches, its not like your going to be racing in reverse LOL.

Replace the input shaft for a 300M or hard unit, I prefer the 350 turbo spline, better... read more choices, and finding used ones etc.

There is some pump mods that can be done too.

I done some simple mods as these, and I have had good luck using stock 1.76 gear sets. I pulled 1.07 60ft in a heavy dragster (1800-1900+ lbs), although they are light, it still had to take those 6K brake launches.

[color:"red"]65 Hemi Belvedere coming soon [/color]
[color:"#00FF00"]557" Indy engine 1.07 60ft 144mph in the 8th 2100 lbs package [/color]