Quote:

Quote:

My 493 makes over 500 ft/lbs from 2000 to 5000. Peaked at 600 @ 4000.

That was with an M1 with TBI and an MP509 cam. The only reason I changed the converter to a 2800 stall was because it idles at 1100 and it was banging the crap out of the drivetrain every time you shifted out of Park.

It's in a 4800 lb C-body and other than the harsh engagement it drove just fine with the stock converter and 2.76 gears. It has 3.23 now and the engine sounds happier at part throttle cruise.

Kevin

I`m guessing the TBI helped keep it nice and clean............

Well...

It was AWFUL at first. I knew just enough about EFI and O2 sensors to be dangerous to myself and others. 76 deg of overlap causes a lot of reversion which causes a lot of random misfires which will drive a closed loop system absolutely bonkers.

Fortunately while I may not be that smart, I know people who are.

My buddy while not familiar with the 950 Commander system, discovered pretty quick that it could be set to switch between Alpha Numeric and closed loop so we set it to run A/N under 1800 and played with the map until it was happy, much like you would with a carb. Happy was no where near stoic I might add.

Once the engine was past 1800 it cleaned up enough that it would tolerate closed loop again without going into yo-yo mode and it was good to go.

Kevin