Thumperdart:
The car is really a street car...and the "butt meter" was reading noticebly higher on the fun factor with the Performer RPM intake. My ignition is a standard MP distributor with the chrome ECU and Yellow coil. I do run an already fast advance curve that has been changed over from the stock configuration. Initial timing is 21 deg, max machanical is 36.

VincentVega:
Car (per the local scale) is about 3400 lbs with 1/4 tank of gas, 3600 lbs. w/ driver (175 lbs).

I'm running anti pump-up lifters with that Hughes cam. Motor spins up to 6500 easy, but on the track you can tell it flat-lines right around the 6300 mark.

My goal for this season is to re-focus on the Carter TQ tuning. The spread-bore configurations of the Holley single plane intake was what attracted me to it, otherwise I need to run an adapter on the Performer RPM. The wide-band O2 readings did show me running to rich...so it needs some work.

aspenrt360:
Sorry for a bit of a tangent on your original thread, not meaning to, just wanted to give a more complete picture of the framework the cam I'm talking about is being used within.