I use them, and they work great. They are indestructable. I remember calling Petty's for some rod bolts one time, they quizzed me as to why I needed them. They are $800 bucks (a half inch SPS) but Pettys told me they never, ever changed them on the NASCAR cars.

The drawbacks is they are heavy..real heavy. They also come in some funky lengths, as there were a lot of different combinations, so be careful what you buy. I use a set that McCandless modified several years back, bushed to 1.03 stock Hemi pin size and 6.86 stock Hemi length.

I shift the car at 6600, and it traps at 6700 and I am pleased as punch with them. If you were going to run more engine speed, I don't know if I would use them. The old Pro Stock boys used them to run 8500 rpm, and although they didn't break, the weight pounded the bearings out of them pretty quick. As far as wearing them out, I don't think that you could do that drag racing.

For a fairly low budget bracket or NSS type deal, they are the best bang for the buck, in my view. For some kind of class racing, quick 16, or something like that, I would stay away from them and go with a more modern, lighter setup.

"Old age and treachery trumps youth and enthusiasm, every time!"

East Central Director / Chrysler Power Magazine

www.reasbeckracing.webs.com