What, are you guys about eighteen years old? I may have misunderstood the question, therefore showing my age a bit. I feel old, because the only NASCAR rods I know of are the old Hemi pieces. There was a time before the current yuppie NASCAR days.

The Chrysler NASCAR rods were a Hemi rod....they came in 6.96; 7.06, and 7.16 in length for different applications. They were used in Chrysler Pro Stock racing for many, many, years, as well as all the NASCAR programs before they were required to run lawnmower engines.

A popular displacement for Pro Stock was 396 cubic inches; it worked very well as the weight back then was based on cubic inches, with the Hemis running more per inch than the others. Again, they ran big rpm, but the weight of the rods pounded the bearings out pretty quick.

After the NASCAR program ended, a lot of the rods were bushed to 6.86 inches and down to the street Hemi's 1.03 pin size. McCandless had a ton of these that he sold.....and there are still alot of those rods around. I would not hesitate to run a set in a bracket/NSS motor.

The funky length rods are still around, but they used the 1.09 race Hemi pin. I think for what it would cost you to bush them down it would probably be more than they are worth.....you could get something better and newer cheaper. But, if you can get them in the length you need at the right price, they are probably worth it.

Last edited by Steve1118; 12/21/08 12:49 PM.

"Old age and treachery trumps youth and enthusiasm, every time!"

East Central Director / Chrysler Power Magazine

www.reasbeckracing.webs.com